Mark O’Donnell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Management
- Ph.D., Organizational Studies, University at Albany, SUNY (2009)
- M.B.A., York College of Pennsylvania (2002)
- B.S., Management, York College of Pennsylvania (2000)
- Member of Academy of Management
- Member of Society for Human Resource Management
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Center for Professional Excellence (York College)
- Member of the Faculty Development Committee Projects & Resources Subcommittee (York College)
- Organizational Dynamics and Change Management (MBA)
- Executive Leadership (MBA)
- Organizational Behavior
- Ethical Leadership and Social Responsibility in Organizations
- Leadership and Change in Organizations
- Effective leadership behaviors
- Employee motivation and commitment
- Leader-member relationships
- Proactive influence behavior
- Pedagogical approaches in management
- Article titled "Leader behavior and LMX: A constructive replication" was listed among Journal of Managerial Psychology is most downloaded articles of 2012 ("2012 Research Your Colleagues Are Reading" announcement e-mailed to JMP authors).
- Article titled "Influence of leader behaviors on the leader-member exchange relationship" was chosen to be reprinted in Leaders and the Leadership Process, 6th Edition (2010) by Jon Pierce and Jon Newstrom (pages 186-192, McGraw-Hill). The textbook is a collection of classic as well as contemporary leadership research, and it serves as a textbook for upper-level college courses on leadership.
- Lam, M., O'Donnell, M., & Robertson, D. (2014, accepted for publication). "Achieving employee commitment for continuous improvement initiatives" International Journal of Operations and Production Management.
- O’Donnell, M., Yukl, G., & Taber, T. (2012). "Leader behavior and LMX: A constructive replication" Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol 27, No. 2, pp.143-154.
- Yukl, G., O’Donnell, M., & Taber, T. “Influence of leader behaviors on the leader-member exchange relationship” (2010, edited version of 2009 article) was reprinted in Leaders and the Leadership Process, 6th Edition (2010) by Jon Pierce and Jon Newstrom, (McGraw-Hill), pp. 186-192.
- Yukl, G., O’Donnell, M., & Taber, T. (2009). “Influence of leader behaviors on the leader-member exchange relationship.” Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 289-299.
- Lam, M., O'Donnell, M., & Robertson, D. (2012). "Achieving employee commitment for continuous improvement initiatives" Presented at Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, August 6, 2012.
- Woodall, J., Meisenhelter, M., Meisenhelter, C., O'Donnell. M., & Aust, T. (2012). "Playing nice: Faculty collaboration in course development." Presented by coauthors at the Academy of Business Education conference, Charlotte, NC, September 14, 2012.
- Fogelman, M., O'Donnell, M., & Ferrara, S. (2010). "Extreme teaching: Making a big class smaller." Presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, August 6, 2010.
- O'Donnell, M. (2007). "The effect of corporate social performance on corporate financial performance: A model for future research." Presented at Southern Management Association Annual Meeting. Nashville, TN, November 8, 2007.
- Reviewer for Journal of Managerial Psychology