Bruce Smith, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
- B.S., Arkansas State University
- M.S., University of Mississippi
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- BIO 152 BIO II
- BIO 304, BOTANY
- BIO 310, PLANT MORPHOLOGY/EMBRYOLOGY
- BIO 312, PLANT SYSTEMATICS
- BIO 400. Senior Thesis
- Study of Angiosperm species by using a clearing technique to determine the morphology of a species ovule development i.e., megasprogenesis and megagametogenesis.
- Delineation of local wetland areas both those listed on wetland maps and those that are not listed.
- Wetland mitigation observations to determine the extent of the mitigation as per governmental mandates applied to the mitigation site.
- Tri Beta, Biology Honors, Arkansas State University, 1963
- National Science Foundation Fellowships, University of Mississippi, 1963-64
- Summer Research Grants, University of South Carolina, 1969-71
- Received Professional Service and Leadership Award, York College Alumni Association, 1991
- Haring, J., and B. Smith. 2009. Stage of Ovule Development in Arabidopsis thaliana ecotypes as Determined by Measuring the Pistil Length. PA.Acad. Sci. Vol 82; Abstract and Index Issue.
- Amato D. and B. Smith. 2010. Does the Environment Affect the Size of the Female Megagametophyte Stages in Arabidopsis thaliana (L) Heynh ecotypes? PA.Acad. Sci. Vol 83; Abstract and Index Issue.
- Braightmeyer K. and B. Smith. 2010.Water Quality Analysis of the Golden Tract West Wetland Mitigation at New Brittany. PA.Acad. Sci. Vol 83; Abstract and Index Issue.
- Syed, B. and B. Smith 2011. Descriptions and Measurements of early Ovule Development through Megagametogenesis in Ranunculus repens L. –Ranunculaceae. PA.Acad.Sci. Vol 84. Abstract and Index Issue.