Ronald Kaltreider, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biology
Chair, Biological Sciences Department
Member of the Committee for the Health Professionals
American Association for Cancer Research (Since 1998)
Pennsylvania Academy of Science (Since 2002)
Society of Toxicology (Since 1998)
- B.S., Biology York College of Pennsylvania (1994)
- Ph.D., Pharmacology and Toxicology Dartmouth College (2000)
- Biology I Lecture and Laboratory
- Genetics Lecture and Laboratory
- Introduction to Scientific Research
- Cell and Molecular Biology Lecture and Laboratory
- Senior Thesis
- Understanding mechanisms and potential treatments for diabetes
- Understanding mechanisms and potential treatments for cancer
- Wilson, K. and R.C. Kaltreider. Identifying and characterizing the role of a tryptophan hydroxylase (tph-1) gene homolog in C. elegans using siRNA knock-down. Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science 83: 149, 2010.
- Ihnat, M.A., Thorpe, J.E., Kamat, C.D., Szabo, C., Green, D.E., Warnke, L.A., Lacza, Z., Cselenyak, A., Ross, K., Shakir, S., Poconi, L., Kaltreider, R.C., and A. Ceriello. Reactive oxygen species mediate a cellular 'memory' of high glucose stress signaling. Diabetologia. 2007 Jul 50 (7):1523-31, 2007.
- Ream, T. R., Halligan, K. and R. C. Kaltreider. Sulfanilamide derivatives effectiveness on growth inhibition of E. coli and S. aureus. Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science 80: 123, 2007.