Ronald Kaltreider, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
Chair, Biological Sciences Department
- B.S., Biology York College of Pennsylvania (1994)
- Ph.D., Pharmacology and Toxicology Dartmouth College (2000)
- Member of the Committee for the Health Professionals
- American Association for Cancer Research (Since 1998)
- Pennsylvania Academy of Science (Since 2002)
- Society of Toxicology (Since 1998)
- Biology I Lecture and Laboratory
- Genetics Lecture and Laboratory
- Introduction to Scientific Research
- Cell and Molecular Biology Lecture and Laboratory
- Senior Thesis
- Understanding mechanisms and potential treatments for diabetes
- Understanding mechanisms and potential treatments for cancer
- Wilson, K. and R.C. Kaltreider. Identifying and characterizing the role of a tryptophan hydroxylase (tph-1) gene homolog in C. elegans using siRNA knock-down. Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science 83: 149, 2010.
- Ihnat, M.A., Thorpe, J.E., Kamat, C.D., Szabo, C., Green, D.E., Warnke, L.A., Lacza, Z., Cselenyak, A., Ross, K., Shakir, S., Poconi, L., Kaltreider, R.C., and A. Ceriello. Reactive oxygen species mediate a cellular 'memory' of high glucose stress signaling. Diabetologia. 2007 Jul 50 (7):1523-31, 2007.
- Ream, T. R., Halligan, K. and R. C. Kaltreider. Sulfanilamide derivatives effectiveness on growth inhibition of E. coli and S. aureus. Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science 80: 123, 2007.