Carla G. Strassle, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Psychology
- B.S., Belmont University
- M.A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Essential Skills and Tools of Psychology
- Adult Psychopathology
- Counseling Theories
- Psychological Testing
- Cooperative Internship
- Stigma of Mental Illness
- Psychological Test construction
- Pedagogical issues related to teaching Psychology
- Strassle, C. G., Borckardt, J. J., Handler, L., & Nash, M. (2011). Video-tape role induction for psychotherapy: Moving forward. Psychotherapy.
- Strassle, C. G., Witman, J. P., Kinney, J. S., & Kinney, W. P. (2011). Counseling theory and practice: Some applications for leisure education. In N. J. Stumbo (Ed.). Leisure Education and Facilitation Techniques in Therapeutic Recreation Services. State College, PA: Venture.
- Conlon, K. E., Strassle, C. G., Vinh, D., & Trout, G. (2008). Family management styles and ADHD: Utility and treatment implications. Journal of Family Nursing, 14, 181-200.
- Strassle, C. G. (2014, August). An evidence-based approach reducing the stigma of mental illness. Poster
session presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, Washington, DC.
- Strassle, C. G., Engler, J. N., & Unwin, A. A. (2014, August). The effects of general self-efficacy on the
development of postpartum depression symptoms. Poster session presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, Washington, DC.
- Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R., Druen, P., & Strassle, C. (2014, June). “Warming-up” before class: Effects of
reading quizzes on exam performance. Poster session presented at the meeting of the Eastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology, Staunton, VA.
- Romm, K. F., Engler, J. N., & Strassle, C. G. (2014, May). Marital status and mental health during
pregnancy: Risk factors for postpartum depression. Poster session presented at the meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, San Francisco, CA.