Randi Shedlosky-Shoemaker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Psychology
- B.A., Monmouth College (2003)
- M.A., Ohio State University (2006)
- Ph.D., Ohio State University (2010)
- General Psychology
- Essential Skills and Tools in Psychology
- Academic Engagement
- Learning Assessment
- Entertainment Media Experiences
- Meritorious Service Award in Recognition of Dedicated Service to the General Psychology Instructional Program of The Ohio State University, 2009
- Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R., Sturm, A., Saleem, M., & Kelly, K. M. (2009). Tools for assessing readability and quality of health-related web sites. Journal of Genetic Counseling, 18, 49-59.
- Kelly, K. M., Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R., Porter, K., DeSimone, P., & Andrykowski, M. (2011). Cancer recurrence worry, risk perception, and informational-coping styles among Appalachian cancer survivors. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 29, 1-18.
- Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R., Costabile, K. A, & Arkin, R. M. (2014). Self-expansion through fictional characters. Self and Identity. doi: 10.1080/15298868.2014.882269
- Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R., Costabile, K. A., DeLuca, H. K., Arkin, R. M. (2011). The Social Experience of Entertainment Media: Effects of Others’ Evaluations on Our Experience. Journal of Media Psychology, 23 (3), 111-121. doi: 10.1027/1864-1105/a000042
- Kelly, K. M., Shah, N., Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R., Porter, K., & Agnese, D. (2011). Living post treatment: Definitions of those with history and no history of cancer. Journal of Cancer Survivorship, 5, 158-166. doi: I 10.1007/s11764-010-0167-1