Steve G. Jacob, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Behavioral Sciences/Sociology
- B.S. Salisbury State University (1990)
- M.S. Penn State University (1993)
- Ph.D. Penn State University (1997)
- Design and Evaluation of Social Program
- Urban Sociology
- Sociology of Organizations
- Theory and Policy for Human Service Professionals
- Introduction to Sociology
- Program Development
- Program Evaluation
- Human Dimensions of Natural Resources
- Social Indicators
- Appointed Member of the Socio-Economic Panel (SEP), Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council 4/15/2009
- Elected as a Fellow of the Society for Applied Anthropology 1/21/2010
- Fellow of the Houston Advanced Research Center 8/12/2010
- Winter Commencement Faculty Speaker, York College of Pennsylvania 12/22/2009
- Rural Sociological Society, Early Career Award 7/1/1999
- Steve Jacob, Priscilla Weeks, Benjamin G. Blount, and Michael Jepson. (2010) “Exploring fishing dependence in gulf coast communities.” Marine Policy, 34(6):1307–1314.
- Steve Jacob and Michael Jepson (2009) “Creating a Community Context for the Fishery Stock Sustainability Index" Fisheries. 33(5):228-231.
- Michael Jepson and Steve Jacob. (2007) “Social Indicators and Measurements of Vulnerability for Gulf Coast Fishing Communities.” In Anthropology and Fisheries Management in the United States: Methodology for Research (Palma Ingles and Jennifer Sepez, Volume Editors). National Association for the Practice of Anthropology Bulletin. Sep 2007, Vol. 28, No. 1: 57-68.