Jessica Boyette-Davis, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Psychology
- B.S., Tarleton State University
- M.S., University of Texas at Arlington
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Arlington
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Brain and Behavior
- General Psychology
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Design & Analysis I
- Greater understanding of psychology via investigations of the nervous system
- Specific role peripheral innervation plays in pain genesis
- Contributions of the central and peripheral nervous systems to pain
- Gulf Coast Cluster for Translational Pain Research Trainee Award
- College of Science Award for Research Excellence
- Verne Cox Outstanding Graduate Research Award for Graduate Research Excellence
- Kosturakis, AK, He, Z, Boyette-Davis, JA, Shah, N, Thomas, SK, Zhang, H, Vichaya, EG, Wang, S, Wendelschafer-Crabb, G, Kennedy, WR, Simone, DA, Cleeland, CS, Dougherty, PM. (2014). Subclinical peripheral neuropathy in multiple myeloma patients prior to chemotherapy is correlated with decreased fingertip innervation density, Clinical Cancer Research (In press).
- Fuchs, PN, Peng, YB, Boyette-Davis, JA, Uhelski, ML. (2014). The anterior cingulate cortex and pain processing. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience, 8(35), 1-10.
- Vichaya, EG, Wang, XS, Boyette-Davis, JA, Mendoza, TR, He, J, Thomas, SK, Shah, ND, Williams, LA, Cleeland, CS, Dougherty, PM. (2013). Subclinical pretreatment sensory deficits appear to predict the development of pain and numbness in patients with multiple myeloma undergoing chemotherapy. Cancer Chemotherapy Pharmacology, 71(6), 1531-1540.
- Zhang, H, Boyette-Davis, JA, Kosturakis, AK, Yoon, SY, Walters, ET, Dougherty, PM. (2013). Induction of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) and its receptor CCR2 in primary sensory neurons contributes to paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy. The Journal of Pain, 14(10), 1031-1044.
- Boyette-Davis, JA, Cata, JP, Zhang, H, Driver, LC, Novy, DM, Bruel, BM, Mooring, DL, Wendelschafer-Crabb,G, Kennedy, WR, Dougherty, PM. (2013). Persistent chemoneuropathy in patients receiving the plant alkaloids Taxol and vincristine. Cancer Chemotherapy Pharmacology, 71(3), 619-626.